Ralph has a B.S. in Holistic Studies with an emphasis on Wellness Management, is a Certified Occupational Therapy Practitioner and a Certified Personal Trainer. He started studying internal martial arts in the early 1970's and started a serious practice in 1990. Ralph is Professor Wang I'chih's senior student and has been a student of Professor Wang I'chih since 2000.
He is also one of 20 Certified Master/Trainers for Dr. Paul Lam’s “Tai Chi for Health” programs in the USA and teaches workshops on the therapeutic use of Tai Chi throughout the United States. He is currently the Tai Chi Instructorr for studies proposed by the Occupational Medicine Department at the University of Cincinnati as well as the Tai Chi instructor for the university’s women’s golf team.
Ralph studied with Qi Gong Master Wang Jiwu in 1990 and received a lineage to teach Crane Flying Qi Gong from Master Wang in 1997. He has taught both Qi Gong and Tai Chi for Integrative Medicine Centers, hospitals, cancer centers, as well as Nursing Homes, Senior Centers and Mental Health facilities throughout the area.
Ralph has been a keynote speaker and a frequent presenter at state and regional conferences and recently at the International Tai Chi for Health Conference in Seoul, South Korea (Dec. 2006). He has also been a guest on local and regional radio shows. He has been interviewed for and featured in the Cincinnati Enquirer several times, as well as appearing on local television, in Cincinnati, presenting on health and wellness topics.
• BS in Holistic Studies/ Wellness Management, Union Institute University
• Certified Personal Trainer, American Council on Exercise
• Certified and licensed Occupational Therapy Assistant
• Certified Reiki Master/Teacher-Usui, Karuna ™, Vajarana, and Tibetan Reiki,
Pranic Healing and the Orian Healing Technique
• Certified Golden Tai Chi Instructor, Empire School of Tai Chi
• Certified Tai Chi Yang 24 Form Instructor, by Master Tianyou Hao
• Certified "Tai Chi for Arthritis Instructor", “Tai Chi for Diabetes Instructor”, and “Tai Chi
for Back Pain Instructor”, “Tai Chi for Osteoporosis”, Sun 73 Competition Forms by Master Paul Lam, M.D.
• Certified Master/Trainer for Dr. Paul Lam’s "Tai Chi for Health" program by Master Paul Lam, M.D.
• Authorized Tai Chi Instructor " Yang 24 Forms, Combined 42 & 48 Forms, Combined 42 Sword, Yang 32 Sword, Yang Tai Chi Broad Sword and Yang 88 International Competition Forms", Master I-Chih Wang, Ph.D.
• Lineage to teach Crane Flying Qi Gong, Master Jiwu Wang.
• Member of research team at the University of Cincinnati studying the effects of Tai Chi with specific populations.